Richard L. Sandberg
- June 2009 - Present: Director’s Postdoctoral Fellow, Center for Advanced Solar Photophysics (CASP), Los Alamos National Laboratory
- April 2009 - May 2009: Postdoctoral Research Associate, JILA and University of Colorado at Boulder
- January 2009 - April 2009: Holographer at InPhase Technologies, Inc.
- August 2006 - December 2006: Industrial Internship at Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), Inc.
- August 2004 - January 2009: NSF OSEP Graduate Fellow
- 2009: PhD (Physics) University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2008: MS (Physics with emphasis in Optics) University of Colorado at Boulder
- 2004: BS (Physics) Brigham Young University
- Use of superconducting nanowire single photon detectors (SSPD) to perform time-resolved studies on infra-red emitting nanomaterials
- Carrier multiplication studies of infra-red emitting nanomaterials
- Development of high resolution tabletop soft x-ray microscopy through coherent x-ray diffractive imaging (CXDI)
- Development of tabletop soft x-ray sources using amplified ultrafast lasers
- Soft x-ray optics design and characterization
- LANL “Spot” Performance Award - April 2010
- Los Alamos National Laboratory Director's Postdoctoral Fellow
- 2008 Optical Society of America (OSA) New Focus/Bookham Student Award
- Finalist for the 2008 Werner Meyer-Ilse Memorial Award at XRM 2008
- NSF IGERT Optical Science and Engineering Program Graduate Fellowship, August 2004
- Best Presentation of X-Ray/UV Optics Technical Group at SPIE 48th Annual Meeting Aug. 4th, 2003
- Member of Sigma Pi Sigma, National Honor Society of Physics Students
- 2004 Society of Physics Students (SPS) Leadership Scholarship
- R.L. Sandberg, A. Paul, D.A. Raymondson, S. Hädrich, D.M. Gaudiosi, J. Holtsnider, R.I. Tobey, O.Cohen, M.M. Murnane, H.C. Kapteyn, C. Song, J.Miao, Y. Liu, and F. Salmassi, “Lensless diffractive imaging using tabletop, coherent, high harmonic soft x-ray beams,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 99,098103 (2007).
- B. La Fontaine, Y. Deng, R. Kim, H.J. Levinson, U. Okoroanyanwu, R.L. Sandberg, T. Wallow, and O. Wood, “Extreme ultraviolet lithography: From research to manufacturing,” J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 25, 2089 (2007).
- R.L. Sandberg, C. Song, P.W. Wachulak, D.A. Raymondson, A. Paul, B. Amirbekian, A.E. Sakdinawat, E. Lee, C. La-O-Vorakiat, M.C. Marconi, C.S. Menoni, M.M. Murnane, J.J. Rocca, H.C. Kapteyn, J. Miao “High numerical aperture tabletop soft x-ray diffraction microscopy with 70-nm resolution,” Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 105, 24 (2008).
- A.L. Lytle, X. Zhang, R.L. Sandberg, O. Cohen, H.C. Kapteyn, and M.M. Murnane, “Quasi-phase matching and characterization of high-order harmonic generation in hollow waveguides using counterpropagating light,” Opt. Exp. 16, 6544 (2008).
- R.L. Sandberg, D.A. Raymondson, C. La-o-vorakiat, A. Paul, K.S. Raines, J. Miao, M.M. Murnane, H.C. Kapteyn, and W.F. Schlotter, “Tabletop soft-x-ray Fourier transform holography with 50 nm resolution,” Opt. Lett. 34, 1618 (2009).
- K.S. Raines, S. Salha, H. Jiang, R.L. Sandberg, H.C. Kapteyn, M.M. Murnane, J. Du, and Jianwei Miao, “Ankylography: three-dimensional structure determination from a single view,” Nature 463, 214 (2010).